Bachelor of Science in Communications -- Public Relations/Marketing
The Communications-Public Relations/Marketing Degree program at Thomas College is designed to provide students with a broad introduction to communications, combined with intensive study in the areas of marketing and public relations.All students in the program will enroll in foundation courses designed to introduce them to relevant theories in communications, writing, marketing, and related computer skills. Students will concentrate their advanced work on internal and external corporate communications, advertising, sales, outreach, and the impact of technology on the modern corporate environment.
An internship opportunity allows students to focus their abilities and talents and to gain hands-on experience in areas related to their concentration, including public relations, media relations, website development and maintenance, and many other areas.Our students have gained communications internships in corporate communications, radio, television, and non-profit organizations, among others, and our graduates have gone on to fulfilling careers in these areas.
Bachelor of Science in Communications- PR/Marketing Program Objectives
Upon completion of the communications program at Thomas College, students will be able to:
1. Work with technologically-based communications, including desktop publishing and web-based communications
2. Demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills
3. Convey an understanding of marketing and public relations
4. Present a portfolio outlining their individual accomplishments in communications
5. Demonstrate an understanding of how communications functions in a variety of contexts, both domestic and international; and
6. Evaluate various factors (historical, social, and cultural) that may potentially impact the communications process.