Services for undergraduate & graduate Students
Career Services offers a comprehensive range of services to help Thomas students of any major reach their career goals.
We can help students:
Develop a plan and goals
- FOCUS 2 for research, assessment, planning
- Additional online resources for career research & planning
- Workshop: Create a Career Plan Using FOCUS 2 - check the Workshops and Events page for dates/times
- Assistance arranging a job shadow or informational interview
- Individual planning session(s) with career services staff
Contact us for an appointment.
Gain career-related experience
- Assistance finding an internship, summer or part time job related to your career goals. Help finding other opportunities, such as volunteering, that can help build your resume and professional network. Contact us for an appointment to discuss your individual needs, or visit the Online Job Postings to view current opportunities
- Workshop: Finding a Great Internship - check the Workshops and Events page for dates/times
- Representatives from internship programs, such as The Washington Center, visit campus throughout the year to provide information to students
Learn professional skills
- Networking opportunities, both on campus and off, are regularly scheduled and promoted. Check the Workshops and Events page for more information
- Mentoring program
- Workshop: Using LinkedIn
- Professional Etiquette presentations
Develop effective internship and job search skills
- Individual session(s) with career services to discuss resumes, interviewing, & more. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Workshops: Resume 101: Creating an Effective Resume; Resumes that Work: Advanced Resume Writing Workshop; Writing a Great Cover Letter; How to Ace an Interview; Launching an Effective Job Search - check the Workshops and Events page for dates/times
- Mock interviews
- Visit the following website pages for information and tips 24/7: Creating an Effective Resume; Writing a Great Cover Letter; Interviewing Tips; Conducting an Effective Job Search; and Networking: the Key to Success
Search for full time employment after graduation
- Online Job Postings
- Job search websites and resources page
- Meet with career services staff to develop a plan and review your job search skills and materials. Contact us to schedule an appointment.
- Workshops: Launching an Effective Job Search; Using LinkedIn; Salary & Benefits Negotiation - check the Workshops and Events page for dates/times
- Thomas Career Fair - held annually in March. Check the Workshops and Events page for date/time, or visit the Career Fair page
Thomas College Career Services