Safety Whistle Program
Sponsored by Student Life and Public Safety
How to get a whistle:
Whistles are available for both men and women, day students, graduate students, residents, commuters, faculty and staff. Information is posted at the end of this e-mail regarding days/times this week the Safety Whistles will be available. These laser engraved tube Safety Whistles are light weight and are designed to be attached to key chains or ID wallets.
When to use a whistle:
Carrying a Safety Whistle is a significant responsibility and should be used ONLY if you feel threatened or need to call attention to an emergency situation.
Blowing a Safety Whistle without due cause will result in a firm judicial sanction. This sanction may include a minimum $100.00 fine and applies to all Thomas College community members regardless of a signed contract.
When you sign out or have a Safety Whistle in your possession, you are asked to:
- Understand that having a Safety Whistle is a significant responsibility.
- Understand that the Whistle should ONLY be used if you feel threatened, are in immediate danger, or if you need to call attention to an emergency situation.
- Understand that to blow the Whistle without due cause may result in a firm judicial fine of no less than $100.00.
If you hear the Safety Whistle being blown, you are asked to:
- Do your best to seek help by calling TC Public Safety immediately (x 399).
- Do your best to seek help by contacting Public Safety, a Resident Assistant, or another TC professional close to you.
- If able and safe, to approach a student blowing the TC Safety Whistle to ask how you might be helpful to them.