Master of Science in Education (M.S.Ed.)Thomas College has been educating leaders for more than 100 years. Offering world-class learning opportunities with a focus on individual goals, the Thomas Master of Science in Education is designed for certified teachers seeking advanced training. The Thomas M.S.Ed. provides a series of six core courses exploring innovative topics in Assessment, Curriculum Development, Trends in Instruction, American Schools, Students and Families, and a Capstone experience, as well as four elective courses enabling students to create a unique curriculum geared toward his or her educational and professional goals. Students can choose to take classes online, in person, or in a hybrid format.
- Offices are open in the evenings
- Online, live, and hybrid format classes
- GRE/ MAT not required for admission
- 30 credit hour program for working professionals
- Rolling admissions for the spring, summer, or fall
- Classes are held one night per week
1) Identify and describe the social, political, legal, and economic context of education in the United States.
2) Identify and apply current methods and principles of curriculum design, instruction, and assessment.
3) Design and conduct applied research in the educational field and report the results.
4) Examine the educators' roles and duties in addressing the needs of students and families at risk.
5) Find, retrieve, analyze and use information relevant to the program goals.