Master of Science in Education Leadership
Pathways to certification in:
What is Educational Leadership?
A Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership serves the needs of education professionals who are looking to advance their careers by taking leadership positions in PK-12 public and private education. This unique program may be completed part time, on a schedule chosen by the student. It provides an opportunity for participants to utilize hands-on projects from current positions or start others from scratch, while progressing through a master’s degree program. This graduate degree program is essential for educators looking to move into administrative positions.
The Thomas College Advantage
The Thomas College Master of Science in Education Leadership prepares students for careers in PK - 12 organizational leadership. Earning your M.S.Ed.L. will allow you to focus your coursework into one of four concentration areas, aligning with your career goals. The concentration areas map courses required for state certifications. While these concentrations are aligned with State of Maine certification requirements, they do not serve as a final certification completion mechanism. Students should note that in addition to course work, teaching experience is required for final State certification.
Thomas College Education Leadership graduates will be able to:
- Perform leadership functions in the schools using essential knowledge of educational leadership
- Articulate policy and priorities to key constituencies
- Organize tasks using teamwork and team-building functions
- Judge systems in light of federal and state laws and regulations
- Construct, evaluate and understand key budget and finance tasks
- Conduct research using generally accepted quantitative and qualitative measures
- Develop strategic plans and policy
- Manage and negotiate employment contracts
Click the links below to learn more about Education Leadership, email email@example.com or call Cathy at 207-859-1102 for more information.
Applications for the Thomas College inaugural Education Leadership class are now being accepted. Courses begin August 2013.