Optimal Resume at Thomas College:
A free resource for building a sharp looking resume and more!
The Optimal Resume online system provides Thomas students with a resume builder, interview practice tools, and cover letter assistance. The resume and cover letter modules are easy-to-use tools in which you provide the content, and Optimal takes care of the formatting. Using Optimal is the best way to create professional-looking documents that employers will notice!
Use the online tools to build your resume in 5 easy steps:
1. Choose your format/resume type from the section sets or examples - try one or many – find the one that works for you.
2. Enter your information for each section (work history, personal info. etc.).
3. Submit your resume and it will be reviewed by Career Services.
4. Career Services will provide feedback and work with you until your resume is ready to go.
5. Once completed, you will be able to print, save, and/or return to Optimal to change your resume as needed.
So, Optimal does everything for me?
Sorry, no. Optimal resume takes care of 98% of the formatting headaches, but you might need to adjust line spacing to fit your resume to one page. The system can also suggest wording, but you need to create the content. We strongly suggest reading “ Creating an Effective Resume” on the Career Services website before you begin using Optimal.
How do I learn to use Optimal Resume?
Workshops are offered throughout the year, or contact us for an appointment for an Optimal tour.
How do I log in to Optimal ?
Go to: https://thomas.optimalresume.com/login.php
Or click the button below!