Thomas College Visual Identity Plan
It is understood that from time to time it will be necessary to deviate from the following recommendations (such as athletic uniforms or campus store promotional items). However, it is requested that all uses of the Thomas name that do not adhere to these recommendations, be reviewed by the Strategic Marketing and Communications Committee.
You may contact Jennifer Buker, a member of the Strategic Marketing and Communications Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org or extension 319 with questions or comments about the policy.
Use of Thomas Name and "Logo" in Publications and Documents
- The word “COLLEGE” will be phased out over time as appropriate. Our goal is to ultimately have people refer to the College as just Thomas.
- The word “Thomas” should appear in either: red, black or white lettering. Red lettering is the preferred color to be used if possible. The preferred red is pantone red 1807. See the color specifications section below for more information.
- Also the preferred color for the word "COLLEGE" is gray. If using an exact color this may be pantone cool gray 10. However, it is perfectly acceptable to use a 50% - 70% screen of black to achieve a gray without utilizing an additional color. See the color specifications section below for more information.
- Old letterhead and other collateral items with the old logo should not be used.
- New letterhead, business cards and envelopes have been adopted utilizing these recommendations and may be ordered through the accounting office. (See samples.)
- It is understood that there will be needs to defer from these recommendations (such as on athletic uniforms or campus store promotional items). It is required that use of the Thomas name that does not adhere to these recommendations, be reviewed by the Strategic Marketing Committee. You may contact Jennifer Buker at email@example.com or extension 319 with questions.
- "Thomas" Red
RGB: R=181, G=18, B=27
CMYK: C=0, M=100, Y=96, K=28
- "COLLEGE" Gray
Pantone Cool Gray 10
Print RGB: #777772 (OR) 119, 119, 114
Web-Safe RGB: #666666 (OR) 102, 102, 102
CMYK: 0, 0, 0, 60
Sample Logos and Seals
Preferred Tag Lines
- Thomas College. Beyond Education.
- We begin with your future in mind.
- Those we serve are the foundation of our future.
- Guaranteed Job Placement (No punctuation). Guaranteed Tuition
- Guaranteed. (Always use punctuation).
- Confident. Capable. Connected. Guaranteed. (Always in this order with punctuation.)
- The College’s mission statement: “Thomas College prepares students for success in their personal and professional lives, and for leadership and service in their communities.”
- Additional mission language: “Thomas provides a supportive learning environment that values the needs and goals of individual students. At Thomas, students discover and fulfill their unique potential. Each program at the College promotes professional excellence, informed by ethics and integrity."
- For the CED/graduate division these statements may be used:
- “Thomas graduates are motivated, professional, and successful.”
- Also: “The Thomas College Continuing Education and Graduate Division is affordable, accessible and personal.”
Preferred Fonts to be Used within Printed MaterialsTimes New Roman - This is times new roman
The fonts Helvetica, may also be used.
*Electronic publications may also use the font Arial. This is the font currently being used on this Web page.
Use of the Thomas College Athletic LogoThe athletic logo is to be used only in conjunction with athletic activities, projects, publications or apparel. It is not intended to be used as a campus-wide image. All use of the athletic logo must be approved by the athletic director, contact Jennifer Buker at firstname.lastname@example.org or at ext. 319. The Marketing and Communications Committee may also approve use of the athletic logo.
Samples of Athletic Logo
(We have the logos for each team in all of the following styles. Soccer is shown here as an example)
"T" with Terrier
Use of the Words Thomas College within the Message BodyOnce you have used the words "Thomas College" within the text of any publication or document, the words "Thomas" or "College" should be used independently.
Interior SignageInterior signage is a vital component of how we communicate our brand and image to our constituencies. The goal is to keep improving our interior signage to be more consistent with the image we project publicly. The following are recommended guidelines for interior signage usage:
- All interior message-posting signage must be printed. Our goal is to have no handwritten notices or announcements.
- All interior signage of any kind must utilize recommended fonts contained in our institutional visual identity plan.
- Whenever possible, bulletin boards should not utilize hand-cut or hand-drawn letters. Instead, professional pre-printed letters, or banners should be used.
- Signs may not be taped to any interior painted space, this includes doors and walls. They must only be posted on bulletin boards or hung utilizing any new type of hanging devices purchased for this purpose and approved by the Strategic Marketing and Communications Committee.
- Permanent signs should utilize colors as recommended within institutional color schemes and fit or match within the area to be utilized. All permanent signs require approval of the Strategic Marketing and Communications Committee as well as the President's Council prior to being purchased