Master of Business Administration - Project Management
Median Salary: $86,000 (indeed.com)
Employment forecast: There are an estimated 1.2 million
vacancies for project management positions per year (PMI.org)
Noteworthy: 90% of executives cite Project Management skills
as being essential for long term career success (economist.com)
Thomas College is a Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)
with the Project Management Institute, Inc.
What is Project Management?
Project managers provide the skills to deliver change and improvement to organizations. A project manager takes a specific objective over a limited time and helps a group of people deliver a unique and important solution for the organization. Whenever an organization is undertaking a new project, re-visiting current methodologies, or researching more efficient ways to achieve their goals, a Project Manager is employed. Top job opportunities come from:
- Service industries
The Thomas College Advantage
The Thomas College Master of Business Administration with a concentration in Project Management prepares students for careers in project management, organizational leadership, entrepreneurship and administrative roles. Earning your MBA -PM will diversify your skill set by exposing you to the managerial and leadership aptitudes of a Master of Business Administration, while simultaneously preparing you for careers in Project Management.
In the MBA-PM, you will:
- Identify and apply theories and processes related to project selection and initiation
- Apply relevant project planning principles to real-world project management situations. Manage project execution and control, including risk mitigation and integration with stakeholders
- Apply PM principals to the project close, including project management office integration
- Demonstrate ethics and professional responsibility as related to project management
- Communicate and negotiate with internal and external resources
- Lead and manage complex and global projects to successful completion
Additionally, all MBA students will develop their skills and aptitudes in seven core areas: :
- COMPETENCY: Students will demonstrate mastery of business theories, models, and tools, and apply knowledge in new and unfamiliar circumstances in order to solve concrete business and managerial problems
- CRITICAL THINKING: Students will demonstrate the ability to adapt and innovate in unpredictable business environments, systematically analyze uncertain situations, apply decision making theories, and adapt and innovate in the face of unforeseen events
- LEADERSHIP: Students will develop management and leadership skills adaptable for leadership in diverse business cultures
- GLOBAL BUSINESS: Students will be able to identify and analyze business problems from a global perspective
- LEGAL & ETHICAL: Students will apply legal and ethical responsibilities toward business scenarios and management decisions
- TECHNOLOGY: Students will demonstrate competency in utilizing information technologies and adapt technology to business scenarios and leadership decisions
- COMMUNICATION: Students will demonstrate the capacity to communicate with diverse groups and adapt communication styles to unfamiliar circumstances and unpredictable business situations
Click the links below to learn more about Project Management, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Cathy at 207-859-1102 for more information.