Frequently Asked Questions
- What should I do if I'm having trouble setting up my email account?
- Where do I submit my immunization records?
- Can other family members attend Orientation?
- How do I sign up for classes and when do they start?
- Where am I going to live? How many roommates will I have?
- Who can answer my VA Questions?
- Is there an ATM on campus?
- Where do I go if I am sick?
- I have work-study funds. Where can I work?
- Where can I find a job while I'm going to school?
- How do I get involved in campus activities?
- When do I need to be on campus? Can I arrive on campus before the designated arrival day?
- What if I have special dietary needs?
- Where can I go shopping, do my banking, eat off-campus, etc.?
- How do I order books?
- What if I'm commuting and want to move on campus?
1. What should I do if I'm having trouble setting up my e-mail account?
Call the Help Desk at (207)859-1204 and someone will be glad to help you.
2. Where do I submit my immunization records?
Mail to Health Center, 180 W. River Rd., Waterville, ME or fax to (207)859-1114.
3. Can other family members attend Orientation?
4. How do I sign up for classes and when do they start?
Contact the registrar’s office at (207)859-1405. Classes begin Tuesday, September 2, 2014, at 8:00am.
5. Where am I going to live? How many roommates will I have?
You will receive a letter from the Assistant Dean of Students in late July or early August with this information.
6. Who can answer my VA questions?
Contact Erin Reinhard in the Student Financial Services office: (207)859-1423. Click here for some helpful information.
7. Is there an ATM on campus?
Yes, it is located in the Spann Commons lobby.
8. Where do I go if I'm sick?
The Health Center, located in GPH, is available to all Day students.
9. I have work-study funds. Where can I work?
Visit the Student Financial Services office to let them know of your interest. You will need to complete some paperwork. Once you are approved for work-study hours, you may bring your resume to offices that are hiring. Positions are posted on the bulletin board outside of the SFS office.
10. Where can I find a job while I'm going to school?
If you are looking to work off-campus the Office of Career Services can help provide resources. There are also many stores, restaurants and other businesses in the area that hire Thomas students.
11. How do I get involved in campus activities?
Complete the Clubs and Activities form in your Orientation packet and return to Student Affairs. This will give us an idea of what activities you are interested in. You will be contacted by someone from the clubs or organizations you are interested in. You may also attend the Terrier Fair, held early in the fall semester, where you will be able to talk with members of the clubs/organizations in which you are interested. In addition to these options, bulletin boards and TV monitors around campus are continually updated with upcoming events.
12. When do I need to be on campus? Can I arrive on campus before the designated arrival day?
Arrive to campus on August 30 for Orientation and move-in. Registration begins at 9am for residents and 11am for commuters. Residents may not move in until that morning.
13. What if I have special dietary needs?
Our Dining Center staff make every effort to accommodate student dietary needs. If you let them know what those needs are, they will be happy to work with you.
14. Where can I go shopping, do my banking, eat off-campus, etc.?
There are places to shop, eat and bank as close as a mile from campus. See our Local Resources directory for some of the many businesses in the area.
15. How do I order books?
Click here to order. Books can be shipped to campus and picked up during orientation.
16. What if I’m commuting and want to move on campus?
Contact Hannah Gladstone, Assistant Dean of Students, at (207) 859-1243 or e-mail her at email@example.com to let her know of your intentions and to find out what steps you need to take.
If you still have questions, please call the Office of Student Affairs at (207) 859-1243.