Dear Class of 2020 Graduates,
As our final week of classes nears its end, I want to congratulate you on your incredible achievements and determination as you bring to a close this chapter of your life. Graduating and obtaining your degree is a life altering moment that required years of dedicated effort, focus, and dogged commitment from you. That you were able to complete this journey in the midst of unprecedented upheaval for our country and our world, should dispel any doubt you may have about whether you are ready for all of the excitement and opportunity that lay ahead for you as a graduate of Thomas College.
I am so proud of each and every one of you!
I want to extend my deepest gratitude to all of you for your patience as the College has worked to finalize plans to honor your achievements in uncertain times.
I am so very excited to provide you detail–to the greatest extent possible–how we plan to honor each of you over the coming weeks and months.
A Special Delivery
We will be mailing out the first week of June a special graduation package that will contain as many of the physical pieces from graduation as possible
The package will contain:
- Your diploma and diploma cover
- Your cap, gown, tassel, and honor cord
- A personal message from the College
- A gift welcoming you to the Thomas College alumni family
An Online Celebration
- On June 20, at 11 am, Thomas College will be hosting an online watch party for our 2020 Commencement messages. This video will include messages from me, the Provost, and other members of the Thomas College family, as well as some special guests!
- Instructions on how to join the virtual celebration will be sent to your Thomas College email address and included in your graduation package
- Beginning today and through the summer we will be collecting and displaying messages of support, tributes, and congratulations from faculty, staff, family, and you, our graduates on our 2020 Commencement web page. Simply use the hashtag #ThomasCollegeGrad to submit an entry and it should appear within 24-hours. Students are encouraged to submit pictures or videos at any time, but we’d love to see you in your graduation attire!
Attached to this email is an optional printable banner for you, friends or family to hold when delivering their video or picture message
A Time to Come Together
- This fall, as long as health and safety guidelines permit it, we will be inviting you back to campus to honor you one last time and give you the chance to properly close out your time at Thomas College
- While we may not be able to bring everyone together all at the same time and have to observe additional restrictions related to physical proximity and interaction, we will create an opportunity to come to campus, proudly wear your cap and gown, and say goodbye to staff, faculty, and your time as a student at Thomas College
- Please watch your email and our 2020 Commencement page for additional details in the coming weeks
Again, thank you for your patience during this time as we worked to build something deeply personal, meaningful, uniquely Thomas, and kept your health and safety as our guiding principle.
I look forward to seeing you all, and to each and every graduate, you have my sincere congratulations and I hope you share my pride as you join a new generation of Thomas College alumni. You will always be a Terrier!
With deep respect, gratitude, and hope,
Laurie G. Lachance