Master of Business Administration – Accelerated (Accounting)
The Accelerated Accounting MBA program at Thomas will save you time and money, while ensuring that you get the in-depth practical and theoretical understanding you need for a lifetime of success. If you’re interested in financial management and want to earn your Certified Public Account designation alongside an MBA, this intensive, experiential program will put you on a path to leadership—in less time.
- Advanced Fraud and Forensics
- Quantitative Analysis for Decision Making
- Operations Research Techniques
- Capital Markets
- Advanced regulations and Taxation
- Organizational Theory and Behavior
- Technology Management and Integration
- Strategic Planning
- Advanced Financial Statement Reporting
You can explore paths in:
- Public Accounting
- Law and Government
- Management and Administration
- Finance and Budget
- Tax Preparation
This program is open to students who have completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and want to continue their understanding of the field. Students are required to complete an internship. Courses begin in August or January, and the program runs for less than one year.
The full-time Accelerated Accounting MBA requires that students demonstrate competency in statistics, economics, and accounting prior to taking their first graduate-level course in the program. Students may apply to the accelerated MBA prior to completing prerequisite coursework.
You can take…
- Advanced Regulations and Taxation, which will prepare you to achieve professional credentialing through an intensive review of standards and presentations of financial statements as prescribed by accounting principles and procedure
- An internship at a major public accounting firm, helping you to gain credibility, confidence, and real-world experience in your field
- Accounting and Financial Analysis, which will familiarize you with the challenges faced by multinational corporations, including reporting requirements, trade laws, and tax procedures
You’ll graduate with the ability to…
- Demonstrate technical and forensic knowledge of financial and managerial accounting, auditing, and tax accounting
- Find, retrieve, analyze and use information relevant to the program goals.
Demonstrate mastery of national and international financial reporting
- Demonstrate the ability to systematically analyze uncertain situations and apply decision-making theories
- Develop management, leadership, and communication skills adaptable for leadership in diverse business cultures
- Apply legal and ethical responsibilities toward managerial decisions in the accounting profession
- Demonstrate competency in utilizing information technologies and adapt technology to the practice of public accounting