Master of Science in Education
An advanced degree that will put your talent in focus.
If you are already a certified teacher and want to advance your career, the Thomas College program will get you results on a schedule that works for you. Designed for working adults, this flexible, rigorous program will prepare you for advanced learning in the field of education.
- Seminar in American Schools
- Educational Assessment
- Students and Families at Risk
- Trends in Curriculum Development
- Trends in Instruction
- Capstone in Education
The Thomas College program builds off the strengths of our education and business programs, which are noted across New England for their success in preparing students for rewarding careers in classrooms and education settings.
You can take…
- Six core courses that explore innovative topics in Assessment, Curriculum Development, Trends in Instruction, American Schools, and Students and Families
- Four elective courses that help to develop your skills in your specific area of professional interest
- A Capstone Experience course, which allows you to focus on and direct a project based on your unique professional goals
You’ll graduate with the ability to…
- Identify and describe the social, political, legal, and economic context of education in the United States
- Identify and apply current methods and principles of curriculum design, instruction, and assessment
- Design and conduct applied research in the educational field and report the results
- Examine the educators’ roles and duties in addressing the needs of students and families at risk
- Find, retrieve, analyze and use information relevant to contemporary field of education