General Studies (BA)
Design your own major by choosing a variety of courses and a concentration.
This four-year degree program is perfect for the student that wants to design their own course of study. If you’re undecided and want to earn a degree that encompasses a broad range of disciplines, this program is right for you. You’ll develop a strong base for understanding the landscape for learning, from humanities from mathematics, and develop career-ready skills that can advance your career.
- Computer Elective
- Psychology or Sociology Elective
- Humanities or Philosophy Elective
- Liberal Arts Elective
- Science Elective
- Math Elective
You can explore paths in:
- Any number of career fields
- A post-secondary level in a graduate program.
You’ll start by taking a range of courses from different fields that help you make connections between the disciplines, including computers and technology, psychology and sociology, humanities and philosophy, math, science, liberal arts, history, and political science. As you develop your passions and talents, you’ll choose major electives that speak to your academic interests and professional goals.
You can take…
You’ll take foundation courses in all the disciplines, and develop skills in writing, critical thinking, information technology, communication, and quantitative analysis. As you advance through the program, you’ll work with your faculty advisor to choose major electives that match your interests and goals. You’ll graduate with a guaranteed job and a degree that you can put to work immediately, or that will qualify you for advanced study at the graduate level.
You’ll graduate with the ability to…
- Make meaningful connections between diverse subject areas and disciplines
- Demonstrate skill in research, writing, argumentation, and persuasion, problem-solving, and critical thinking
- Develop as a self-starter and a motivated, curious learner
- Prepare for the world of work and continued learning for life