Digital Marketing Management (BS)
Combine the latest technology and marketing principles to become an expert in this rising field.
The need for digital marketers has arisen over the last five years. Our Digital Marketing Management degree combines marketing, communication and digital technology studies to produce a uniquely qualified graduate who can seek career success in a fast-changing field. The nature of marketing has evolved with the immediate, two-way communications that technology now allows – and employers are seeking people with digital marketing backgrounds to create and manage web, mobile, and social media sites.
- Web Design
- Principles of Marketing
- Mobile & eBusiness Technologies
- Introduction to Communications
- Media Design Technologies
- Social Media
- Marketing Management
- Strategic Media Planning
You can explore paths in:
- Web management
- Social media management
- Communications/Public Relations
- Digital content creation
You can take…
- Mobile and eBusiness Technologies to learn about the latest technology.
- Internet and social media marketing to master interactive content creation.
- Web design to be an asset to any business with a need for a digital platform and sustainable web presence.
- Strategic media planning
You’ll graduate with the ability to…
- Apply theories of marketing to the internet and other digital marketing channels.
- Explain core concepts of multi-channel marketing and digital marketing strategies.
- Demonstrate the ability to work with current digital marketing tools.
- Construct a digital marketing strategy to achieve organizational goals.
Learn from the leaders
- Patricia Karush, M.B.A.Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Rick Saucier, D.B.A.Professor of Marketing
Recent courses taught:
- D.B.A. California Pacific University
- M.B.A. University of Maine
- Marketing Management Association
- Society for Case Research
- Society for the Advancement of Management
- MBAA International
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- AMA Consumer Behavior Special Interest Group
- National Business Education Association
- Marketing Ethics, Edwin Mellen Press, Lewiston, New York, 2008
- Influencing Sales Through Store Design, Edwin Mellen Press, Lewiston, New York, 2001
- Reflections on Life in Higher Education, Palgrave Macmillan, November 2015
- “An Examination of the Relationship Between Critical Thinking and Research Skills of Millennial Students,” Marketing Management Association 2006 Fall Educators’ Conference Proceedings, September 21, 2006.
- “Fostering Marketing Literacy,” Marketing Management Association 2008 Fall Educators’
Conference Proceedings, September 26, 2008.
- “The Ethics of Stealth Marketing,” Marketing Management Association’s 2010 Spring Conference Proceedings
- “Green Marketing: Do Colleges Practice What They Preach?” Marketing Management Association’s 2010 Spring Conference Panel, Chicago, March 25, 2010
- “Are Marketers Responsible for Consumer Happiness?” Happiness Symposium, St. John’s University, September 9, 2010
- “Constructing a Meaningful Internship.” Co-Authored with Margrette Newhouse, Myer’s Chair, St. John’s University, Marketing Management Association’s Fall Educators’ Conference, St. Louis, Missouri, September 30, 2010
- “Service in Academia Panel,” Marketing Management Association’s Spring Conference, Chicago, February 27, 2013
- “Reflections on Life in Higher Education Panel,” Marketing Management Association’s Spring Conference, Chicago, March 26, 2014
- “Shark Tank!” A New Version of a Marketing Plan Project, Marketing Management Association’s Fall Educators’ Conference, San Antonio, Texas, September 18, 2014
- “A New Approach to Textbook Decisions: Consider Value” Marketing Management Association Educators’ Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico, September 18, 2015.