Marketing Management (BS)
A practical, career-ready degree in marketing management.
Marketing is a diverse, rapidly-changing field that offers opportunities and rewards for people who love both focusing on details and taking on creative challenges. In marketing management, you’ll look at the marketplace from various angles and perspectives, and develop creative strategies that get results.
- Principles of Marketing
- Math for Management and Economics
- Business Communications
- Services Marketing
- Consumer Behavior
- Statistical Inference and Decision Making
- Advertising and Promotion
- Retail Management
- Business and Management Policy
- Marketing Management
- Business Ethics
You can explore paths in:
- Advertising and promotion
- Market research
- Account management
This well-rounded program features significant project-based learning, including opportunities for internships and projects drawn from the real world of work. You’ll graduate with the skills valued most by employers and graduate programs.
You can take…
- Test out your skills by marketing a product to Thomas College classmates—develop a brand name, tag line, logo, advertisements, and a plan in Principles of Marketing
- Develop a media kit including a news release, fact sheet, biography, Q&A sheet, and business card in Public Relations
- Take Marketing Management, which includes a team-based competition similar to “The Apprentice,” in which you’ll compete to find innovative solutions to real marketing problems, and develop and pitch a marketing plan
You’ll graduate with the ability to…
- Conduct both qualitative and quantitative research studies and solve research problems
- Develop a practical, innovative marketing plan and present it to prospective clients
- Identify and reach targeted markets
- Communicate effectively and professionally in writing and presentations
Faculty who know the industry and love to teach.
- Patricia Karush, M.B.A.Assistant Professor of Marketing
- Rick Saucier, D.B.A.Professor of Marketing
Recent courses taught:
- D.B.A. California Pacific University
- M.B.A. University of Maine
- Marketing Management Association
- Society for Case Research
- Society for the Advancement of Management
- MBAA International
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- AMA Consumer Behavior Special Interest Group
- National Business Education Association
- Marketing Ethics, Edwin Mellen Press, Lewiston, New York, 2008
- Influencing Sales Through Store Design, Edwin Mellen Press, Lewiston, New York, 2001
- Reflections on Life in Higher Education, Palgrave Macmillan, November 2015
- “An Examination of the Relationship Between Critical Thinking and Research Skills of Millennial Students,” Marketing Management Association 2006 Fall Educators’ Conference Proceedings, September 21, 2006.
- “Fostering Marketing Literacy,” Marketing Management Association 2008 Fall Educators’
Conference Proceedings, September 26, 2008.
- “The Ethics of Stealth Marketing,” Marketing Management Association’s 2010 Spring Conference Proceedings
- “Green Marketing: Do Colleges Practice What They Preach?” Marketing Management Association’s 2010 Spring Conference Panel, Chicago, March 25, 2010
- “Are Marketers Responsible for Consumer Happiness?” Happiness Symposium, St. John’s University, September 9, 2010
- “Constructing a Meaningful Internship.” Co-Authored with Margrette Newhouse, Myer’s Chair, St. John’s University, Marketing Management Association’s Fall Educators’ Conference, St. Louis, Missouri, September 30, 2010
- “Service in Academia Panel,” Marketing Management Association’s Spring Conference, Chicago, February 27, 2013
- “Reflections on Life in Higher Education Panel,” Marketing Management Association’s Spring Conference, Chicago, March 26, 2014
- “Shark Tank!” A New Version of a Marketing Plan Project, Marketing Management Association’s Fall Educators’ Conference, San Antonio, Texas, September 18, 2014
- “A New Approach to Textbook Decisions: Consider Value” Marketing Management Association Educators’ Conference, San Juan, Puerto Rico, September 18, 2015.