A nationally certified program that prepares you for opportunities in sports, fitness, leisure and recreation.
A Sport Management degree from Thomas will position you to enter a large, diverse, and in-demand career field. If you love sports and are interested in management, business development, marketing, law, and health, this program will prepare you for leadership. You’ll have the opportunity to work with sports teams, facilities, fans, and other stakeholders to move the exciting world of sports forward.
Thomas College’s Sport Management Programs are by accredited the Commission of Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA). COSMA is a specialized accrediting body that promotes and recognizes excellence in sport management education in colleges and universities at the baccalaureate and graduate levels.
The following sport management programs are accredited by COSMA:
You’ll have a network of teammates.
Being a part of the Sport Management program has given me the chance to learn new elements of management as well as giving me the opportunity to experience real world sport management jobs through both classes and internships.
- Donald Cragen, D.S.M.Associate Professor of Sport Management and H. Allen Ryan School of Business ChairDonald Cragen, D.S.M.Associate Professor of Sport Management and H. Allen Ryan School of Business Chair
Recent courses taught:
- Doctorate in Sport Management
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Science – Sport Medicine
- Bachelors of Science – Sport Medicine
- Bachelors of Science – Business Administration
- Advanced coursework: Health Law
- NATA – ATC/L., RMT (IL), EMT -I(MA-ret), CSCS(ret), NASSM, FARA
- Editorial Board – Exercise for Men Magazine
- Greg King, Ed.D.Assistant Professor in Sport Management and Head Men’s Baseball CoachGreg King, Ed.D.Assistant Professor in Sport Management and Head Men’s Baseball Coach
- E.d.D. in Sport Management
- M.S. – Health, Physical Education and Recreation with a Concentration in Sports Management -University of Maine
- B.S. Secondary Education- University of Maine
- Faculty Affairs Committee
- American Baseball Coaches Association
Activities & Coaching:
- Head Baseball Coach of the Thomas College Terriers
- Asst. Coach University of Maine 1991-1994
- Former head coach and assistant coach for the Cape Cod Baseball League
- League- Harwich Mariners, Y.D. Red Sox