Alumni on the Move: David Holinger

Published: Thursday, August 22, 2019

david holinger

David Holinger, M.S. Ed ’18 recently got a new job as Principal of the Mount View Middle School in Thorndike, Maine.

Most recently, David helped start the Snow Pond Center for Arts in Sidney while studying for his Master’s in Educational Leadership at Thomas College. Before then, he was teaching in Lewiston for 15 years.

At Thomas, David said the professors were knowledgeable and experienced, helpful and understanding of schedules, and provided interesting and applicable course topics.

“The classes were small which gives you a lot of individual attention from the professors,” said David. “They also had a program that aligned with the Maine administration certification requirements.  I knew I would have what I needed for my certification when I was done.”  

David is thankful for his time at Thomas for the learning and reading he gained.

“Education is a people business and every student, and every staff member has a different story, background and situation so there is no one way to help and support them.  That’s why I love it!”

Overall, David would recommend Thomas College for its graduate program because it’s a “great school with great professors, priced competitively, very understanding and willing to customize a program for you as much as possible. Amazing experience.”

Reader Interactions