In This Section
Events and Workshops
Spring 2019 Career Services Workshops & Events
- All workshops meet GJP requirements.
- Email or drop by the Professional & Career Development Office for assistance.
- NEW! Terrier Connect: Set up your profile to view jobs and internships. Set up filters for job searches and alerts, download the phone app for events and workshops, make appointments with career staff, upload your résumé for employers to find (if you choose
Internships & Job Search Strategies
Wednesday, February 27th at 2:00 pm, Room AL-116
Thursday, February 28th at 2:30 pm, Room AL-116
Learn how to align your skills, interests and experience with an internship or job. Look in the right places for the right opportunity, saving you time and effort. Understand the importance of networking in the internship/job search process. Timing is everything, start and be ready when the opportunity presents itself.
Mock Interviews with REAL employers!
Wednesday, March 6th at 1:00-4:00 pm, Study rooms and more, by appointment
Thursday, March 7th at 1:00-4:00 pm, Study rooms and more, by appointment
Maximize your interview skills! Thomas alumni with experience in hiring from a variety of fields will be present to help give you interview practice and feedback. This will be done by appointment, so let Career Services know if you are interested!
Spring Career Fair
Tuesday, March 12th from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the Alfond Athletic Center (Field House)
* Snow Date: March 14th, 2019 in the Mahaney Gymnasium
Select employers and organizations offering career and internship information will be available to talk with students about their opportunities and application process. Bring your résumé and dress for success!
- Adventure Bound
- Army National Guard
- Aspire Behavioral Health & Counseling
- Bangor Savings
- Becket Family of Services
- Becket Schools of Maine
- Black Bear Support Services
- Bonney Staffing
- Brunswick Police Department
- Camden National Bank
- Care and Comfort
- Change Healthcare
- Community Health and Counseling Services
- Consolidated Electrical Distributors
- County of York
- Crisis and Counseling
- Cross Insurance
- DHHS recruiting
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- Fabian Oil
- The Jackson Laboratory
- Kennebec County Correctional Facility
- Lewiston Police Department
- Lewiston Public Schools
- Maine Department of Corrections
- Maine Green Power/3Degrees
- Maine Technology Group
- THE MEMIC GROUP
- Motivational Services
- Northeast Whitewater
- Pathways of Maine
- Performance Food Service/North Center
- Saco Police Department
- Scarborough Police Department
- State of Maine – DHHS Family & Child Services
- The Summer Camp
- T-Mobile USA
- Thomas College Graduate Studies
- Tyler Technologies
- University of Southern Maine
- U.S. Border Patrol
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection
- Wells Police Department
Visit from Alaska Education Recruiter
Thursday, March 14th: Barbara Dean will be in the Spann Commons during the day and presenting at 5 p.m. in room AL-208
Talk to Wendi Richards in Career Services to make appointments for initial interviews.
Wednesday, April 3rd at 2:00 pm, Room AL-116
Thursday, April 4th at 2:30 pm, Room AL-116
Okay, the employer is interested, now how do you get the offer with the salary and benefits you want? This workshop will address that question and more. How do I decide between several job offers? How much time do I have to decide? When do I talk money? Attend this workshop and start on the path to professional and financial success!
Professional and Career Development Office Hours:
Monday-Friday: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm
Walk-ins welcome or contact us for an appointment.
Drop In Hours, Spring Semester:
Wednesdays 1-3 pm
Thursdays 1:30-3:30 pm