In This Section
Network & Explore
Networking is vital to reaching your goals.
Up to 80% of jobs are found through networking
(From “4 Stunning Statistics People Ignore when Job Searching and Negotiating” by Dave Delaney)
What does ‘networking’ really mean, and how do you use it to your advantage?
Experts reveal how to make the most of YOUR network to land the job that you want.
Useful Links to learn more about networking:
- Why use LinkedIn?
- Set up a LinkedIn Profile
- Be Able to Introduce Yourself
- Monster.com Article: How to Build Your Job Search Network
- The Riley Guide Networking Tips & Advice
Other opportunities for Networking and Exploring Careers
- Arrange a job shadow or informational interview
- Attend on and off campus networking events
- Join a club, play a sport, volunteer