Thomas College knows what it takes to be career-ready–and that includes making it easy to work with a career advisor to secure an internship. During their time here, 75% of Thomas College students complete an internship, compared to the national average of only 50%. And, 90% of employers recommend that our students be given an A for their internship performance.
As early as your sophomore year, you can start making plans for your internship. To qualify, you must have completed 60 credits and must have a minimum GPA of 2.5. (Students who fall below this should see their academic advisor or career advisor.) Internships start at 150 hours for 3 credits.
If you need help finding an internship, your career advisor can help you search and prepare application materials.
Learning Contract Process
- Meet with your advisor to discuss the internship and five possible learning objectives.
- Discuss the objectives with your employer.
- Complete your Internship Learning Contract on Handshake.
- Log in to your Handshake account.
- Click on Career Center.
- Click on Experiences.
- Click on Request an Experience.
- Complete all the questions asked.
- Once you have completed the form click request an experience. This will take you to the overview page.
- Select the Learning Objective button on the far right and add your five learning objectives.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact your career advisor—we will guide you and support you through the process. It is our goal for you to have a worthwhile experience that meets your needs.
Corey Pelletier: M-F from 9:30-4:00
Business, Communications, Marketing, Management, Accounting, Math-Actuarial, Finance, Sports Management
Wendi Richards: M-F from 8:30-4:00
Psychology, Criminal Justice, Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Technology
MacKenzie Abernathy: 8:30-4:00
Education, English, Interdisciplinary, Political Science, Pre-Law, Undecided