Where do I start? What do I need to do, and when?
As early as your sophomore year, start making plans for your internship. Talk with your advisor and Professional and Career Development about the requirements of the program. Plan your electives to make sure you can fit an internship into your program during your junior or senior year.
- You must have completed 60 credits.
- You also must have a minimum of a 2.5 GPA. If you fall below this, see your academic advisor or career advisor.
Student Internship Process:
- Make sure to talk to your advisor. Internships start at 150 hours for 3 credits but can be more.
- Register for the Internship Seminar through your advisor or the registrar.
If you need help finding an internship, your career advisor can help you search and prepare application materials.
NEW: LEARNING CONTRACT PROCESS:
- Meet with your advisor discuss the internship and possible learning objectives.
- Develop your five learning objectives and complete your Internship Learning Contract
- Have your supervisor sign your completed Internship Learning Contract.
- To collect signatures, send your Learning Contract to your academic advisor, department chair, and career advisor.
- All approvals via electronic signature or email approval must be sent to your career advisor to assure completion.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact your career advisor! We will guide you and support you through the process. It is our goal for you to have a worthwhile experience that meets your needs.