How do we do it?
That’s where our Career Academy comes into play. This voluntary, inclusive program combines all aspects of career preparation and development, such as a strengths assessment tool, leadership seminars, career development workshops, an internship preparation workshop and a meaningful internship.
1. Student must complete the following workshops:
- Two Leadership events that qualify for the Guaranteed Job Program (GJP) prior to a qualifying internship
- Four Career Services workshops prior to a qualifying internship
- Two Career Academy workshops by graduation
2. Need to complete Clifton Strengths assessment prior to internship (preferably in first year)
3. Must complete the designated “Internship Preparation Workshop” prior to internship
(Successful completion of Career and Professional Development workshop for business majors meets this requirement.)
4. Student MUST complete an internship that qualifies for academic credit (internships qualifying for GJP meet this requirement)
Upon completion of Career Academy, not only will you have had the opportunity to test your academic skills and professional acumen in the work place, you’ll have built the necessary confidence and capability needed to secure employment.