“The Co-Curricular Program strives to create diverse opportunities that engage students in the integration of knowledge in and out of the classroom. Co-Curricular Programs encourage the active participation of students in the development of leadership skills, personal responsibility, and social awareness, which celebrates individuality and the connection to the community.”
What is a Co-Curricular Transcript (CCT)?
A CCT is a record of your out-of-class engagement and involvement that helps to complement your academic pursuits. A CCT includes experiences that are not-for-credit and that occur as part of the Thomas College sponsored activities and programs. Involvement in programs external to Thomas or for academic credit would not be eligible for inclusion on the CCT.
Why use a CCT?
A CCT promotes learning that occurs outside the classroom and helps you to become a well-rounded individual. A CCT also helps to support your career development and the Guaranteed Job Program by reinforcing skills that future employers desire in their employees.
CCT Student Development Areas
- 1. Leadership (ie: paraprofessional roles, elected /appointed positions, campus committee representative, student senate)
- 2. Community Service (campus sponsored community service or volunteer opportunities)
- 3. Clubs/Organizations/Sports (active participation for at least one-semester in an on-campus group/team)
- 4. Diversity Awareness (ie: participation or involvement in specific awareness programs or outreach)
- 5. Educational Workshops/Seminars/Trainings (ie: personal and professional development, residence hall and campus programs)
- 6. Honors/Awards (ie: academic/leadership/athletic recognition, honor society)
Requesting a Co-Curricular Transcript
- An official CCT is available through the Vice President of Student Affairs office.
- You Must have at least 2 items in a category AND 4 categories completed to request a CCT
- A 14-day notice is required when requesting a CCT
- For a CCT to be valid—it MUST include the VPSA signature
How to use a CCT
- Document your participation in each Co-Curricular Development Area. Documentation includes:
- Event (if applicable)
- Organization Name
- Your Role/Position
- Skills Developed
- Learning Outcomes
*NOTE: An activity can only be listed once—if it falls under two CCT categories, you must choose the area that best represents your experience (ie: officer of a club—you could place this under Leadership OR Clubs/Organizations/Athletics—you could not list it under both)
- For a program/experience to be included/listed in a CCT, you MUST:
- select 2-3 skills that you developed/learned (from list provided)
- select 1 learning outcome (from list provided)
- NOTE: You may be required to have the program/experience Validated by a faculty/staff member responsible or the person overseeing the event; If required, it is YOUR responsibility to assure that this information is submitted.
- For any campus event/activity where you scan your ID for attendance, these events will appear on your Student Info Page.
- On your Student Info Page, you can select any event to be “added” to your CCT.
- You can also add individual events/awards/activities manually.
- Once the event/activity/award, etc is added, you will need to select 2-3 Skills and 1-2 Learning Outcomes.
- At any time, you can create and view an ‘unofficial’ CCT from your Student Info Page.
List of Skills
- Accuracy/detail oriented
- Career development
- Computer and technology skills
- Critical/Analytical Thinking
- Diversity Awareness
- Fiscal Management
- Global Understanding
- Leadership skills
- Marketing and promotion
- Problem Solving Skills
- Read comprehensively
- Self-Directed Learning
- Takes Initiative
- Takes lead on projects
- Time management
- Verbal communication
- Works independently
- Works well with others
- Writing skills
- Civic Engagement
- Critical and Creative Inquiry
- Ethical Responsibility
- Global Awareness
- Intentional learning
- Information Literacy
- Knowledge of Self and Others
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Service to Others
- Wellness and Balance
For questions or to request a Co-Curricular Transcript, contact:
Vice President for Student Affairs
Office of Student Affairs, Room AD-127