Last September 2, 2020 4:00pm
Is the campus open to the general public?
The campus remains closed to the general public until further notice. This includes the turf fields and walking trails.
Staff and faculty may schedule visits to campus by appointment only. For examples, campus tours for prospective students which will be announced via email the day of the tour.
What is our policy with vendors coming on campus?
Vendor relationship owners are obligated to contact all of our outside vendors who we anticipate coming to campus through the Fall semester and ask them for copies of their screening protocols that we then keep on file. These vendors would include FedEx, UPS, Fred’s Vending (water), all Physical Plant vendors, etc.
Ask all vendors to complete our screening questions BEFORE arriving to campus. If they answer “yes” to any of the questions they should not come.
All vendors (except daily deliveries) must be signed in using the process below.
Thomas College employee hosting/overseeing vendor must contact Safety and Security Office when vendor arrives to campus and provide the following information:
- Name of each person
- Name of Vendor Company
- Time of arrival
- All location(s) where they will be when on campus
- Safety and Security will maintain a daily log of all vendors
All vendors must wear protective face coverings when inside campus buildings and when unable to social distance outside.
Please review this page each time you plan to host a guest on campus as policies are subject to change.
Guests will be permitted on campus and must be hosted by an individual or department.
A guest is defined as an individual who is not a current employee or student of the college. Guests include friends and family of current students, faculty or staff, prospective students and their families, alumni, and other individuals coming to campus for official campus business or meetings.
For the purpose of this policy:
- Guests are not permitted in the Dining Center
- Guests are not permitted in the Athletic Center
- Guests, including non-residential Thomas students, are not permitted within residential housing. Residents must host their guests outside of their residence.
For those who are hosting a guest, it is your responsibility to inform your guest of the College’s guidelines. When your guest arrives on campus, please review screening questions, and remind them of the following:
Guidelines for hosting a guest on campus (minimum requirements)
- Guests should be given Thomas’ screening questions prior to their visit.
- Guests must answer our screening questions prior to coming onto campus. If they answer “yes” to any question they should not come to campus.
- Guests who have been exposed directly in the previous 14 days to someone confirmed with COVID-19 or someone exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 may not come to campus.
- Guests who are from a non-exempt state (ME/NH/VT/CT/NY/NJ) are must have a negative COVID19 test result within 72 hours of arriving in Maine or have quarantined for 14 days.
Guests must be registered in the guest log.
- Upon arrival, the host should review each screening questions with the guest(s). Any guest who comes to campus exhibiting symptoms, should be asked to leave immediately.
- After screening, the host should contact Safety and Security and provide the following information:
- Name of host; Name of visitor; date/time of visit; location(s) on campus where guest will visit
- Exception: candidates for employment should be registered with HR
NOTE: registering your guest confirms that they understand and have met screening requirements
- Guests must always wear a face mask when indoors or outside when social distancing cannot be maintained. Disposable masks are available at the Welcome Center, Safety and Security office, Student Affairs and Human Resources Office, if needed.
- Guests must practice social distancing while on campus, staying 6 feet apart from others.
- For on-campus meetings, occupancy guidelines and protective measures should be followed.
- Guests must adhere to hand washing, hand sanitizing and hygiene protocols.
- Resident students must host their non-resident guests outside the residence hall.
- The host is responsible for disinfecting and/or assuring all areas used by the guest are disinfected after the meeting/visit.