The Critical Thinker badge earner has demonstrated the following assessment criteria:
The learner clearly identifies the 5 steps of critical thinking.
The learner showcases through substantial evidence that they are able to apply all 5 steps of the critical thinking process to solve or begin to solve a local, authentic problem.
When you complete your badge evidence, you will need to explicitly demonstrate, through a written reflection, how you have attended to each of the above criteria.
Step 1: Learn
Review the resources below:
Step 2: Plan
Plan your project.
- Student petitions town office to fix a pothole in a road
- Student initiates and fundraises local school backpack program to send home food over the weekend for families in need (completed project from 2019)
- Student petitions and plans for a community garden in a space with high poverty and high food insecurity
Step 3: Do
- Letters, design thinking sketches, or outlines for plans in addition to carried out plans
- Photos, videos, or other visual evidence of completed task or solution to a problem
- Op ed in local or state newspaper
- Others as they fit into the objectives
Step 4: Share
Earn your Critical Thinker badge.
Email the staff at the Professional and Career Development Office at Thomas College with your reflections and evidence.