The Digital Terrier badge earner has demonstrated the following assessment criteria:
The learner demonstrates the capacity to lead, collaborate, embrace community, and think critically in using a technological platform, tool, or modality.
The learner uses at least one technology tool available to them through the library resources, CIE Design Center, or HABI in a way that demonstrates proficiency with that tool.
The learner participates and leads a video conferencing session using one of the various video conferencing technologies available (Teams, Zoom, WebEx, ect.)
The learner is able to curate reliable and accessible online resources and apply these resources in an authentic capacity.
The learner is aware of and is able to apply safe and secure choices when working online or in a digital capacity.
When you complete your badge evidence, you will need to explicitly demonstrate, through a written reflection, how you have attended to each of the above criteria.
Step 1: Learn
Review the resources below:
More available here
Step 2: Plan
Plan your project.
- Launches a social media campaign promoting an advocacy project and uses the productivity tools available at Thomas to help create this social media campaign. This includes synchronous video chats as well.
- Using appropriate research skills and awareness of personal learning networks to create a series of lesson plans for local K-12 schools to use in a virtual environment focused on a theme of advocacy, leadership, and/or critical thinking skills.
- Using productivity tools such as Word, Excel, Powerpoint, and Adobe, creates a business plan for a future business venture
Step 3: Do
- Recorded segments of video conferencing (with consent)
- Self-made videos posted on a secure network
- Annotated bibliography of reliable sources and their uses o Use of technology on campus to create a product, such as a 3D model using the 3D printers in the CIE Design Center or a video created in the One-Button studio
Step 4: Share
Earn your Digital Terrier Badge.
Email the staff at the Professional and Career Development Office at Thomas College with your reflections and evidence.