The Leader badge earner has demonstrated the following assessment criteria:
The learner identifies AND emulates the characteristics and dispositions of an emerging leader in their field through some form of evidence.
The learner showcases through substantial evidence that they are an emerging leader that is able to take initiative, collaborate and communicate effectively, focus on problem-solving, and accept feedback.
When you complete your badge evidence, you will need to explicitly demonstrate, through a written reflection, how you have attended to each of the above criteria.
Step 1: Learn
Review the resources below:
Step 2: Plan
Plan your project.
- Leads an initiative on or off campus
- Publishes in a book/journal/magazine
- Markets self-made product
- Presents at conference
- Becomes lead of a student group on campus with at least one proven deliverable
Step 3: Do
- Printed or linked publication or evidence of acceptance of publication
- Conference presentation and conference schedule with published names
- Links or evidence to self-made product and marketing for that product
- Evidence through video or photo of initiative that you have started or actively collaborated with
Step 4: Share
Earn your Leader badge.
Email the staff at the Professional and Career Development Office at Thomas College with your reflections and evidence.