Master Degrees in Education at Thomas College
- Offering MS in Education, which leads to a salary step increase, MS in Literacy Education which provides courses necessary for literacy specialist, MS in Educational Leadership, which provides the necessary coursework for certification for three different tracks: assistant principal, principal, or superintendent
- All classes are research-driven and practitioner based.
- Program for teachers to extend their knowledge and does not lead to certification
- Become a teacher-leader, with opportunities to attend national conferences with possible grant funds
- Take classes a la carte or enroll in a matriculated program
- Small, intimate classes
- Complete an MS in Education in as short as one year, with flexible scheduling
Master of Science in Educational Leadership
An essential degree for advancement in education administration and leadership
The Master of Science in Education Leadership program at Thomas is designed to help advance your professional career—on a timeline that works for you. This part-time program features a mix of online, in-person, and hybrid format classes designed to enhance your research, analytical, and interpretive skills.
Master of Science in Education
An advanced degree that will put your talent in focus.
If you are already a certified teacher and want to advance your career, the Thomas College program will get you results on a schedule that works for you. Designed for working adults, this flexible, rigorous program will prepare you for advanced learning in the field of education.
Master of Science in Literacy Education
Preparation for a career in school or organizational leadership.
Maine has the highest rate of illiteracy in New England—seven percent of Mainers read at the lowest level of literacy. A degree in Literacy Education will prepare you for working with children, adults, immigrants, and special populations to improve rates of literacy that can help overcome poverty and create lasting change in our communities.