Employee Recognition Awards
Hello fellow staff and faculty,
We would like to extend an invitation to participate in our employee recognition awards called the Terrier STAR (Special Thanks and Recognition) Awards, which we hope will give our Thomas staff and faculty a chance to be recognized and honored for all of their hard work and dedication to the College.
At each start of the semester, you will be provided with the chance to nominate faculty or staff members for four months at a time, Sept. to Dec. and Jan. to April. You will have the ability to nominate your co-workers for one or more categories. Each winner will be announced at their respective month and will be recognized in various formats. All winners from the semester will be highlighted.
Here is where you all come in – we need you to nominate your fellow colleagues. There will be four awards each semester all describing specific characteristics of your coworkers. The categories are listed below. You can select one or more. Please be prepared to explain how the nominee emulates the characteristic(s) that you are nominating them for.
- Exceptional Customer Service – Responds to our internal and external customers in a professional, timely and courteous manner. Makes the customer feel that they are doing everything in their power to resolve their problem as quickly as possible. Keeps the customer up to date on the progress on resolving their issue. Is proactive whenever possible to avoid any potential problems.
- “Team Player” – Works efficiently in a coordinated effort with other members of a group, or team, in striving to accomplish the College’s strategic goals. This person is also dependable and trustworthy and consistently meets stated deadlines with a positive outlook.
- Providing a Personal Experience – Finds creative ways to engage students and/or employees. Please provide a specific example(s)
- Completion of a Project – Has completed a major project in support of the College’s Strategic Plan. Please explain the project, how it supports the college’s strategic Plan and which pillar it addresses.
- Improve Systems/Processes – Has developed a way to streamline current systems/processes to run more efficiently thus saving time and/or money. Please explain the system/process that was improved.
We hope that you will help us in nominating our deserving colleagues for the awards. Below is the form for nomination:
Oct – MacKenzie Riley Young
Sept – Cote Theriault
Apr – Tanya Longley
Mar – Frank Appunn
Feb – Andrea Thebarge
Jan – Dana Jordan
Dec – Ryan Wheaton
Nov – Mark Lint
Oct – Nancy Charette
Sept – Melissa Rice
Apr – Diane Anderson
Mar – Joe Scozzafava
Feb – Michelle Joler-Labbe
Jan – Jim Delorie
Dec – Danny Pomerleau
Nov – Jeff Ferguson
Oct – Jason Laverdiere
Sept – Rebecca Kane