Among the fastest growing and widely used set of AI tools are those that fall under the category of Generative-AI. These may be broken down further into text generators, image generators and other media generators.
Text Generative AI Tools (a.k.a. Large Language Models)
- Bard: An AI experiment by Google.
- ChatGPT: A chatbot developed by OpenAI.
- Perplexity: A chat tool that has similar capabilities to a search engine.
- Quino: Summarize, generate bullet points and chat with your document….Organize your notes and evaluate your knowledge.
Image Generative AI Tools
- DALL-E: An image generator created by OpenAI.
- MidJourney: An image generator created by an independent research lab.
Media Generative AI Tools
AI Search Engines & Indexes
- Learning some of the basic terminology associated with AI is important to understanding this developing area of technology. Glossaries can be a very helpful resource. One of the better freely available glossaries is from the Center of Integrative Research in Computing and Learning Sciences: Glossary of AI for Educators
- Library Faculty Services
Among other services for faculty, the library maintains a set of pages related to various aspects of Artificial Intelligence including general overviews, or go to a specific topic by selecting one of the following links.
- Uses in Higher Education and AI Best Practices
- Course Policies Recommendations and Academic Integrity
- AI Literacy
- The Intersection of AI and Education
Training and Professional Development
For further training and professional development opportunities please keep an eye out for email announcements.