Get ready to start your future at Thomas College by attending New Student Day on June 17. Campus opens at 9 a.m. for check-in, events begin at 10 a.m.
- You’ll connect with current student leaders, meet with faculty members about fall classes, and enjoy lunch on campus.
- We recommend bringing up to two people as guests.
- All on-campus events will meet or exceed Maine CDC guidelines. During this event, masks will be required inside all buildings and optional outdoors.
- In the afternoon, please join us for the groundbreaking of our new sports center, coming in August 2022!
If you haven’t done so already, please begin your onboarding process. Get started now!
Schedule of Events
- Please enter through the main campus entrance and proceed to the North Lot behind the Alfond Athletic Center.
- Each student and their guests should check in under the tent by the Ayotte Auditorium. No one will be admitted to event activities without name tags.
- Note: Masks are required inside all campus buildings and optional outdoors.
Welcome – Alfond Athletic Center
President Laurie G. Lachance
10:15 am-12:00 p.m.
Family Presentations – Alfond Athletic Center
- First Year College Success, Dr. Thomas S. Edwards, Provost
- Q&A with professional staff panel
- Professional and Career Development at Thomas College, Ed Cervone, Vice President for Innovative Partnerships
Student Activities and Presentations -designated locations/classrooms
- Orientation groups with Thomas College student leaders
- Professional and Career Development at Thomas College
- Preparing for Fall
- Advising groups by major
12:00 – 1:30 p.m.
Students and their guests are welcome to enjoy lunch on campus. Dining venues include indoor and outdoor options.
12:15 – 12:30 p.m.
3-Year Programs (optional) – Alfond Athletic Center
Dr. Thomas S. Edwards, Provost
Students admitted to our accelerated 3-Year Programs are invited to hear more about how the programs work and what participants should expect. Students who are eligible but undecided about participating will find the presentation helpful. Family and friends are welcome at the presentation.
1:00 p.m. & 1:45 p.m.
1 pm & 1:45 pm College finances: FAQs and family circumstances (optional) – Alfond Athletic Center
Jeannine Ross, Senior Director of Student Financial Services
Students and their guests are invited to learn more about college finances and options.
Groundbreaking: Sports Center (optional) – Bernatchez and Smith Fields
Students and guests are invited to join the celebration of the groundbreaking for Thomas College’s new sports center, coming in August 2022.
12:15 – 3:00 p.m.
Next steps (student and family choices)
Representatives will be available throughout the afternoon to answer questions and otherwise help students prepare for their first year at Thomas College.
- Campus Tours, including residences
- Password/Email Setup
- Early Start Homework Pickup
- Professional and Career Development
- Residence Life Questions
- Health Services
- Campus Store
Note: Students and families with inquiries regarding disabilities accommodations are encouraged to email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a meet-and-greet session with Lisa Desautels-Poliquin during the Next Steps portion of the day.