Posted: May 11, 2021
To the Thomas College Community,
It is hard to adequately express the joy, gratitude—and frankly, relief–I have felt the last few weeks. Despite the odds and the many challenges we have faced together, our Thomas College community has bravely persevered and a once unimaginable in-person commencement ceremony is now only days away. I am so proud of this community for its dedication to the health and safety of all its members. Thank you!
Today the College is releasing a Summer Addendum to our Return to Campus Safely Plan, originally published in the fall of 2020. The Summer Addendum is in effect beginning May 17 until August 1, 2021 and lists key policies and updates for summer 2021.
The key protocol changes outlined in the document are:
- VACCINATIONS: All faculty, staff, and students are expected to be vaccinated by June 30. Schedule your appointment today
- TESTING: All faculty, staff, and students on campus will get tested 1 time per week from May 17 through June 30. Regular campus testing will stop after June 30
- SUMMER I STUDENTS: Summer I students do not have to test
- TRAVEL PROTOCOLS: Travel protocols have changed for domestic and international travel
- REINTEGRATION: All Thomas College employees are expected to return in-person to work by August 2
Please take a moment to review this important document located on our COVID-19 website.
We are so close to the end of this terrible pandemic and soon we will welcome the return to all our cherished traditions as a strong, unified, and caring community.
With deep respect,
Laurie G. Lachance, President
Laurie G. Lachance
180 W River Rd, Waterville, ME 04901
For the most recent updates on Thomas College’s response to the coronavirus, please visit our COVID-19 web page. Our COVID-19 Dashboard is updated regularly with the latest testing data. If you have questions related to COVID-19, please do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com.