- Review and summary of how the college provides a welcoming and inclusive space where students of various identities can find resources and support networks, as well as build community. We must consider how to make all events accessible and engaging to a broad audience. This audience includes a wide range of social identities based upon race, ethnicity, language, country of origin, religion, political affiliation, gender, sexual orientation, ability, class, age, etc.
- Develop a systematic and sustained process to monitor and collect data on campus climate for faculty/staff/students; these surveys on students, faculty, and staff should be conducted regularly. Survey should ask students, faculty, staff, and administrators about their:
- Perceptions of Thomas’ climate
- Perceptions of how Thomas supports equity, diversity, and social justice policies and practices,
- Experiences with discrimination, harassment, racial intolerance, and racist attitudes/behaviors at Thomas.
Facilitator: Zahayra Razo & Camille McGadney
Task Force Members: Andrea Thebarge, William Bonney, Crystal Leavitt, Paul Heath, Kyle Greene, Joel Matondo, Ntumba Mutombo, Bethany Dehmer