As it is a privilege for you to stay here during break, the following guidelines are in effect for the dates indicated you are allowed in housing as approved.
- MANDATORY MEETING: Students granted an exception to remain in housing over breaks must attend a mandatory break housing meeting in order to review policies, sign the Break Housing Agreement and pick up their break pass. Failure to attend this meeting may result in loss of break housing privileges.
- PARKING: Vehicle must be registered with Public Safety and parked in designated break housing parking. Bartlett/Village B residents must park in the center area of the lot behind Bartlett Hall – either of the two rows of parking. Village A must park along the grass line on Road Side.
- SNOW REMOVAL: In the event of the need for snow removal, students are responsible to check e-mail for times to move cars. Failure to move cars during this time will result in normal ticketing by Public Safety.
- QUIET HOURS: 24 courtesy hours are in effect during all breaks. Quiet hours are in effect from 10:00pm to 8:00am.
- CLEANLINESS: Clean up after self is essential. Bathroom use in GPH is limited to the last stall, sink, and shower. Likewise, housekeeping will be limited to one visit per week of break housing. Maintenance needs or emergencies should be directed to Public Safety.
- ALLOWING OTHERS IN HOUSING: Allowing other residents into the halls is not acceptable. Students who have been granted permission to be in the residence halls either during part of break or early for opening should not hold the door for other students or allow them into the halls. Likewise, if your roommate/ suitemate return early, they are not allowed into the halls until housing re-opens.
- PASSES: Housing passes should be on students at all times and presented to staff when requested.
- HOUSING FEE: Please note that there is a nightly charge for staying in housing over any part of the break. This will be applied to your bill through SFS at $33.00/night, $196/week. If you are on campus for an athletic or academic requirement, this fee can be waived.
Failure to adhere to Break Housing guidelines, COVID Guidelines or Student Handbook policies will result in a loss of break housing privileges for the following break requested or up to one semester, depending on the violation, as well as judicial action where appropriate.
If situations arise during the break, Safety and Security or the Dean of Students or designee has the right to revoke Break Housing privileges and ask you to leave campus until housing re-opens.
Returning to housing earlier than indicated without prior arrangements or exception will result in a break housing fine/fee of $50.00. If any problems occur during the break, you may be asked to leave for the remainder of the break, and/or will face judicial sanctions. You will be permitted back on the Sunday to end the break when everyone else returns. Please note, if you have an emergency or need any assistance during the break, you can contact the Public Safety Office at ext. 399 at any time.
If any problems occur during the break, you may be asked to leave for the remainder of the break, and/or will face judicial sanctions. You will be permitted back on the Sunday to end the break when everyone else returns. Please note, if you have an emergency or need any assistance during the break, you can contact the Public Safety Office at ext. 399 at any time.
Please use the form linked below to submit your request.