At Thomas College, we are a global community, and our students come from 13 countries–and counting. We know you can thrive here in our safe, welcoming, and supportive environment.
Applying to Thomas College is easy, and we’re here to help you. We’ve outlined information about each step of the application process, and if you have any questions, you can reach out to us at any time using the contact information at the bottom of this page.
See Yourself Here
Get to Know Our Campus
We recommend visiting campus so you can meet current students, chat with professors, and see what life is like here. We can arrange an in-person visit or a virtual visit, depending on your availability.
Connect With Us
Be sure to join our mailing list. Once you share some basic information with us, we’ll be able to answer your questions and send you notifications about important news, opportunities, and deadlines.
Estimate Your Financial Aid
A Thomas College degree is not only a great value—it’s affordable, too. We have a special Welcome to Maine Scholarship worth $2,000 per year and renewable for up to four years of undergraduate study ($8,000 total), as well as generous merit scholarships for full-time, undergraduate students:
|Name||GPA Range||Resident||Commuter||Renewal GPA|
|Cum Laude Scholarship||2.8 – 3.49||$14,000||$10,000||2.5|
|Magna Cum Laude Scholarship||3.5 – 3.79||$16,000||$12,000||2.5|
|Summa Cum Laude Scholarship||3.8 – 3.99||$18,000||$13,000||2.75|
|Presidential Academic Achievement Award||4.0||$20,000||$15,000||2.75|
- Graduate Resident Merit Scholarship: Domestic and international students accepted into the full-time on-campus MBA program are automatically eligible for an annual scholarship. Applicants with a GPA of 3.5 or higher will receive $18,000, and applicants with a GPA of 3.0-3.49 will receive $14,000.
International students do not qualify for federal financial aid, but we’ll automatically consider you for scholarships. To estimate your out-of-pocket costs as an undergraduate applicant, you can use our Net Price Calculator. Even though it will report federal eligibility, the reported out-of-pocket cost will still be a helpful estimate.
Apply to Thomas College
When you’re ready to apply to Thomas College, simply follow these steps below. If you have questions at any point, please email email@example.com.
After you have applied, we’ll notify you of our decision within two or three weeks.
Submit your application for undergraduate admission. We accept the Thomas College Undergraduate Application, which takes about ten minutes to complete, or the Common Application. You can choose which one you’d like to complete; both are treated equally in our selection process.
Provide supporting documentation. This includes:
- College Essay
- School Report, including an Official High School Transcript. This should be submitted by your school.
- Letter(s) of Recommendation. We require one but suggest two.
- English Proficiency Exam Score (TOEFL, IELS, Duolingo). Our minimum requirements are: 72 for TOEFL, 5.5 for IELTS, and 105 for Duolingo.
- Declaration of Finances Form
- Passport Copy
- Optional: SAT and/or ACT Scores
Begin the financial aid process. International applicants who may qualify for need-based financial aid will need to submit the CSS Profile, and you can use this CSS Profile Tutorial as a guide. For more information about financial assistance, please visit our Financial Aid page.
Submit your application for graduate admission. We accept the Thomas College Graduate Application. International applicants must have transcripts evaluated by a third-party. The cost of a SpanTran evaluation will be deducted from your tuition if you are accepted and attend Thomas College.
Provide supporting documentation. This includes:
- Official College Transcripts. International applicants must have transcripts evaluated by a third-party. The cost of a SpanTran evaluation will be deducted from your tuition if you are accepted and attend Thomas College.
- Letters of Recommendation (2). Recommendations can be submitted by employers, mentors, professors, or college advisors. Both recommendations should be submitted using our application portal.
- English Proficiency Exam Score (TOEFL, IELTS, Duolingo). Our minimum requirements are: 72 for TOEFL, 5.5 for IELTS, and 105 for Duolingo.
- Upon acceptance, international students must provide a Declaration of Finances and Passport Copy.
Begin the financial aid process. International applicants for graduate admission will only qualify for merit aid, and we’ll automatically consider you for available scholarships. For more information about financial assistance, please visit our Financial Aid page.
Reach Out With Questions
We have a team of individuals here to support you during any step of your college search and application process. Please contact us if we can help answer your questions!
|International Region||International Recruiter||Contact Information|
|Africa, Asia (India, Nepal, Bangladesh, Middle East)||Shivang Malik||Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
Phone / WhatsApp: +91 95485 21052
|Asia (China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Southeast Asia, South Korea)||Surin Tan||Email: email@example.com|
Phone / WhatsApp / Telegram / Viber: +65 9696 3315
WeChat / Kakao: surintan
Skype / LINE: surinsiwei
|All Other Regions||Undergraduate: TBD|
Graduate: Kristin Bishop
|Email: firstname.lastname@example.org |
180 West River Road
Waterville, ME 04901