Here’s where your hard work starts to pay off—literally. We know that you’re invested in your education, and merit-based scholarships are one way of recognizing your continuing success.
To qualify for a merit-based scholarship, apply to Thomas and be accepted. There’s no additional application, and all of these awards are renewable every year you study at Thomas as long as you meet basic criteria. In addition to assistance granted with your acceptance to Thomas, we offer scholarships for new students based on select criteria—and many scholarships for students after their first years at Thomas.
You may qualify for merit-based financial aid without filing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), but we strongly encourage all families to file this application for need-based aid to ensure that you are eligible for all the assistance available to you. Thomas College is an NCAA Division III institution and therefore does not offer athletic scholarships of any kind.
Scholarship amounts below are based on on-campus residence status.
- Summa Cum Laude Scholarship: Renewable scholarships of $18,000 ($9,000 per semester) are awarded to first-time college students who meet the required GPA of 3.2 or above.
- Cum Laude Scholarship: Renewable scholarships of $14,000 ($7,000 per semester) are awarded to first-time college students who meet the required GPA of 2.8-3.19.
- Honoris Scholarship: Renewable scholarships of $10,000 ($5,000 per semester) are awarded to first-time college students who meet the required GPA of 2.40-2.79.
- Trustee Transfer Scholarship: Renewable scholarship of $15,000 ($7,500 per semester) are awarded to transfer college students with an overall transfer GPA of 3.5 or higher and at least 12 transfer credits.
- Presidential Transfer Scholarship: Renewable scholarship of $13,000 ($6,500 per semester) are awarded to transfer college students with an overall transfer GPA of 3.0 to 3.49 and at least 12 transfer credits.
- Dean Transfer Scholarship: Renewable scholarship of $10,000 ($5,000 per semester) are awarded to transfer college students with an overall transfer GPA of 2.75 to 2.99 and at least 12 transfer credits.
- Thomas Transfer Award: Renewable scholarship of $8,000 ($4,000 per semester) are awarded to transfer college students with an overall transfer GPA of 2.1 to 2.74 and at least 12 transfer credits.
- Guaranteed Tuition Merit Award: After final grades have been submitted for the spring semester, Thomas College full-time students who achieve a cumulative GPA of 3.8 or higher will be awarded a merit scholarship equal to the increase in tuition for the next academic year. This merit scholarship is in addition to any other Thomas College merit scholarship that was previously awarded.
- Legacy Scholarship: Renewable scholarship of $1000 ($500 per semester) for any new student that has had a parent, sibling (step relatives included), or grandparent graduate from Thomas College.
- John L. Thomas, Sr. Memorial Scholarships: These scholarships are in memory of John L. Thomas, Sr., founder of Thomas College and are awarded annually to graduates in the top half of their graduating class at the following high schools: Cony, Erskine Academy, Gardiner, Hall-Dale, Lawrence, Madison, Maine Central Institute, Messalonskee, Mt. View, Nokomis, Skowhegan, Waterville, Winslow, and Winthrop. These scholarships of $1,000 per year are awarded to full-time commuting students who matriculate as first-time freshmen at Thomas College in a four-year degree program.
- Graduate Merit-Based Scholarship: Domestic & International students accepted into the full-time Accelerated MBA program are automatically considered for this annual, one-time, $5,000 scholarship ($2,500 per semester). Students must have an incoming undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0.
Read more about our merit-based scholarships in the Course Catalog.
Scholarships for New Students
Scholarships for New and Current Students
Thanks to the generosity of our donors, the following scholarships are available for students. To be considered for the following scholarships, a student must file the FAFSA and demonstrate financial need as determined by the Student Financial Services Office. No additional application is necessary, unless otherwise noted. All final determinations are made by the Student Financial Services Office. Living status may affect some awards.
- Agnes Lindsay Scholarship
- Alden Trust
- Alpha Gamma Delta Endowed Scholarship Fund
- Bingham Scholars Scholarship Endowment Fund
- Brian and Earleen Phillips Family Scholarship
- Chuck and Maria Hays Scholarship
- The Cindy Lepley Memorial Scholarship
- David Crowell Memorial Scholarship
- Ford Grant Memorial Scholarship
- The Francis F. Bartlett, JR. Scholarship Fund
- Greenville Lakers Scholarship
- H. Allen Ryan Scholarship
- The Harold and Bibby Alfond Scholarship
- J. Alfred Boucher Scholarship Fund
- Johnson W. and Ann S. Parks Memorial Scholarships
- Lisa Forsley Memorial Scholarship
- Margaret Marmet Endowment
- Morris Endowment Fund
- Osher Foundation Scholarship
- Paul J. Mithcell, Sr. Memorial Scholarship
- Peoples Heritage Bank Scholarship
- Rancourt Scholarship
- Rebecca Kane Memorial Scholarship
- Special Education Opportunity Scholarship
- Treetops Scholarship Fund
Read more about our scholarships for new and current students in the Course Catalog.