Achieve a promising future with a full tuition scholarship to Thomas College
The Thomas College Excellence in Education Scholarship is a prestigious award to two (2) high-achieving students, providing academic tuition for up to four years of full-time undergraduate education.
This is the only scholarship at Thomas College that requires a separate submission to accompany your Thomas College application. With our commitment to personalized and relevant education, we want to ensure that the academic tuition scholarship being offered is tailored to the needs of the selected awardees, which is why we ask for a special video submission.
What does the Thomas College Excellence in Education Scholarship cover?
This scholarship covers academic tuition for up to four years of full-time undergraduate education at Thomas College. This scholarship does not include room, board, or other campus fees, nor does it cover graduate tuition.
Who is eligible for the Thomas College Excellence in Education Scholarship?
This scholarship is for high-achieving students who:
- Live in the U.S.
- Have achieved a 3.8 cumulative GPA (this means for all four years of high school)
- Plan to live on the Thomas College campus
What is the timeline for the Thomas College Excellence in Education Scholarship?
- September 15 – the application goes live
- December 31 – all submission materials (application and video) are due
- January 31 – Thomas College will notify the applicants who have been selected
- March 1 – awardees must pay their Thomas College deposit
How to make your scholarship submission stand out:
- We want to hear your story, so your submission should help us get to know you. Describe your high school experience, and share what your goals are for college. What do you want to do after college, and why would attending Thomas College help you achieve those aspirations?
- Focus on the “why”. We understand that the academic ride is important, but we’re interested in why you want to come to Thomas besides the financial aid. Imagine that you got a free ride to every college you applied to – tell us why Thomas is at the top of your list.
- Show the elements of your day – walk us through what a typical day is like. It’s OK to include pets, family, gardening, work, hobbies, etc. We want to get a sense of YOU.