Thomas College early start programs are designed specifically for first-year students and offer opportunities to jump start your transition to Thomas College.
This free program equips you with the tools you need to tackle academic coursework, manage the transition into your new role as college student, navigate campus resources, prepare for internship and career opportunities, and much more.
The early start programs kick off with an eleven-day early start intensive prior to the start of the fall term. They include an intensive course that counts toward graduation requirements, academic coaching, and the purchase of one of your most expensive books as part of their academic success workshops.
During the school year, the early start experience and the friendships made with classmates are important sources of support for students. The early start programs help you manage your time, set goals, learn the ropes, and take on new challenges and leadership roles. One-on-one academic coaching by the academic coaches in the Student Success Center helps you to stay on track in classes, maintain GPA and scholarship requirements, take advantage of resources at Thomas, and overcome obstacles to personal and academic success.
- Come onto campus 11 days before start of the semester and take a free 3-credit course.
- Receive free one-on-one academic coaching during Early Start that continues through the first year of college.
- Have the opportunity to move into your room early and connect with other first-year students and professors in small group settings before the rest of campus arrives.
- Attend free workshops for the development of academic, social, and financial skills important to a college student’s success.
- Reduce out-of-pocket costs because we’ll purchase your most expensive book for the fall and spring semester of your first year.
Early Start is designed to fully immerse you into the college experience from day one and requires a true commitment. Generally, activities and classes will be scheduled from 8:00 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- You will not have time during this period to pursue off-campus work, so we encourage you to double check your availability before committing.
- If you plan to play a fall sport, please reach out to your coach first to discuss participation in this program.
Early Start 2023
Early Start for the 2023-2024 academic year will run August 23 – September 2.
If you have questions about the application, the commitments, or any element of the Thomas College Early Start Program, please contact Hailey Mealey.