Harold Alfond Institute for Business Innovation
Named for Maine’s premiere entrepreneur and innovator, the Harold Alfond Institute for Business Innovation has been established to spur economic vitality in Central Maine by nurturing the very talent that will assist in the creation of both jobs and wealth for the area.
The institute provides the platforms from which instruction, training, events, mentoring, and access to talent are all made available within the context of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Upcoming Institute Events
Central Maine Converge and Create Weekend- November 17 & 18
The Institute in the News
- Thomas College to connect students and local businesses with internships: Portland Press Herald, Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal, and WABI-TV5.
- Josh Devou Joins the Institute: Bangor Daily Newsand Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal
- Executive Director Mike Duguay tells how the Institute came to be: WGAN’s Maine Points
- Mike Duguay talks about the new Institute: Mix 107.9’s C What’s On
- Inspiring entrepreneurship in Maine: WCHS6’s 2017
- The announcement of Harold Alfond’s $5.3 million commitment: Co, Maine Startups Insider, Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal, Bangor Daily News, and MaineBiz.