Harold Alfond® Institute for Business Innovation
Named for Maine’s premiere entrepreneur and innovator, the Harold Alfond® Institute for Business Innovation has been established to spur economic vitality in Central Maine by nurturing the very talent that will assist in the creation of both jobs and wealth for the area.
The institute provides the platforms from which instruction, training, events, mentoring, and access to talent are all made available within the context of entrepreneurship and innovation.
Upcoming Institute Events
2nd Annual Central Maine Converge and Create Weekend
When: Friday, November 16 & Saturday, November 17
Where: Thomas College
If you’re looking to start a business, grow an existing one or make some extra money in addition to your current job, you need to attend Converge and Create Weekend. This immersive 2-day event will teach you how to monetize your idea. Learn from state resource providers as well as seasoned entrepreneurs who will share their stories and lessons learned along the way.
FMI visit Thomas.edu/create
Top Gun 2019- Waterville (a specialized food, beverage and agriculture class)
Top Gun is a program that runs annually from February through May. Participants in the program are competitively selected, promising entrepreneurs. In the program, they are paired with mentors and to work on advancing their vision while also participating in high-impact weekly gatherings.
The Institute in the News
- The Institute hosts first annual Central Maine Converge and Create Weekend: Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal
- The Institute Partners with the Maine State Chamber of Commerce to host three Cyber Security Summits Across Maine: WABI-TV5.
- Thomas College to connect students and local businesses with internships: Portland Press Herald, Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal, and WABI-TV5.
- Josh Devou Joins the Institute: Bangor Daily Newsand Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal
- Executive Director Mike Duguay tells how the Institute came to be: WGAN’s Maine Points
- Mike Duguay talks about the new Institute: Mix 107.9’s C What’s On
- Inspiring entrepreneurship in Maine: WCHS6’s 2017
- The announcement of Harold Alfond’s $5.3 million commitment: Co, Maine Startups Insider, Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal, Bangor Daily News, and MaineBiz.
For questions or inquiries, contact Josh Devou, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-859-1159.