Harold Alfond® Institute for Business Innovation
Named for Maine’s premiere entrepreneur and innovator, the Harold Alfond® Institute for Business Innovation has been established to spur economic vitality in Central Maine by nurturing the very talent that will assist in the creation of both jobs and wealth for the area.
The institute provides the platforms from which instruction, training, events, mentoring, and access to talent are all made available within the context of entrepreneurship and innovation.
The Institute in the News
- The Institute hosts first annual Central Maine Converge and Create Weekend: Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal
- The Institute Partners with the Maine State Chamber of Commerce to host three Cyber Security Summits Across Maine: WABI-TV5.
- Thomas College to connect students and local businesses with internships: Portland Press Herald, Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal, and WABI-TV5.
- Josh Devou Joins the Institute: Bangor Daily Newsand Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal
- Executive Director Mike Duguay tells how the Institute came to be: WGAN’s Maine Points
- The announcement of Harold Alfond’s $5.3 million commitment: Co, Maine Startups Insider, Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal, Bangor Daily News, and MaineBiz.
For questions or inquiries, contact Josh Devou, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-859-1159.
November 1, 2019: Social Media Breakfast Central Maine
When: Friday, November 1st, 2019 from 7:15-9:00am
Where: Spann Commons Summit Room
Cost: $15 (Free for Thomas College Students)
Speaker: Nate Towne, Marketing Director of Waterville Creates!
Nate will share his wealth of knowledge including content formatting on the largest social media networks – what works and what doesn’t. He will also provide inside information on the ever-changing social media algorithms and marketing tricks to keep your head above the scroll! Learn what’s important and what’s not so you can effectively be the marketer you know you can be.
For more information and to register, please go to www.facebook.com/events/478019873019886/
November 15 & 16: 3rd Annual Central Maine Converge and Create Weekend
When: Friday November 15 from 12:30 – 5:00pm and Saturday November 16 from 8:30am – 5:00pm
Where: Thomas College
Join us for a 2-day event focused on innovation & entrepreneurship. Hear from experts in entrepreneurs, state resource providers and leaders in innovation. For more information visit www.thomas.edu/create.