Sport Management (BS)
A four-year sport management degree for athletics programs and operations.
This nationally-recognized, career-ready major integrates management skills and marketing concepts in sports, giving you the experience and expertise you need to join the third-largest industry in America.
- Intro to Sport Management
- Principles of Marketing
- Sport Information and Public Relations
- Managerial Principles
- Sport Facility Management
- Sport Marketing Management
- Athletic Administration
- Leadership and Ethics in Sport Management
- Sport Finance
- Legal Liabilities in Sport
You can explore paths in:
- Athletic Program Leadership
- Event Management
- Team Management
- Sports Journalism
You can take…
- Sports Finance will teach you how to create a capital budget, manage a financial plan, plan for feasibility, and raise funds
- Leadership and Ethics in Sport Management will ask you to think deeply and debate about contemporary issues in the industry, helping you to develop professional ethical standards
- Sport Information and Public Relations will prepare you to market sport-related businesses, and to work with the media as a Sports Information Director
You’ll graduate with the ability to…
- Understand one or more sports in-depth, including the psychological principles of sports, teamwork, the industry, and how sport functions in contemporary society
- Analyze connections between the worlds of business and sport, identifying opportunities
- Communicate effectively with players, coaches, fans, financial stakeholders, and the media
- Demonstrate understanding of the principles of sport management, including the areas of public relations, liability, facilities, financial management and budgeting, and the purchase, care, and security of equipment
Professors who love to teach.
The Sport Management degree program at Thomas College has received specialized accreditation through the Commission on Sport Management Accreditation (COSMA) located in Fort Collins, Colorado, USA. The Sport Management program in the following degree is accredited by COSMA:
Thomas College will voluntarily withdraw from COSMA membership and relinquish its accreditation effective June 30, 2019.