Named for Maine’s premiere entrepreneur and innovator, the Harold Alfond® Institute for Business Innovation has been established to spur economic vitality in Central Maine by nurturing the very talent that will assist in the creation of both jobs and wealth for the area.
The institute provides the platforms from which instruction, training, events, mentoring, and access to talent are all made available within the context of entrepreneurship and innovation.
For questions or inquiries, contact Josh Devou, Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-859-1159.
The Institute in the News
- The Institute hosts 3rd Annual Central Maine Converge and Create Weekend & Preliminary Round of Greenlight Maine: College Edition Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal
- Thomas College Students Win National Business Awards Bangor Daily News.
- Thomas College’s Harold Alfond® Institute for Business Innovation helps to fund WI-FI in Downtown Waterville: Maine Biz,.
- Thomas College Innovates its Offerings to Build Workforce: New England Board of higher Educationand Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal
- Executive Director Mike Duguay tells how the Institute came to be: WGAN’s Maine Points
- The announcement of Harold Alfond’s $5.3 million commitment: Co, Maine Startups Insider, Morning Sentinel/Kennebec Journal, Bangor Daily News, and MaineBiz.
Social Media Breakfast Central Maine: How to Recruit and Retain Top Talent on Social Media
In today’s digital world, social recruiting isn’t just a novelty—it’s a must-have for any organization looking to attract and retain top talent. Whether your company is large or small, there are social media tactics you can use to highlight your culture, increase engagement, and showcase why you’re a great place to work.
Social Media Breakfast Central Maine: Are You a Physical Company in a Digital World?
Every organization, large and small, is facing serious questions about their future as digital technology becomes central to their operations— if not their survival. How are you navigating your digital transformation? Anthony will share takeaways from his experience executing digital strategies for some of Maine’s largest media companies and nonprofits to help you think about what’s ahead.
Social Media Breakfast Central Maine: The Secret to a Successful Social Media Strategy
It’s all in the sauce! Learn how you can craft your digital marketing content to communicate your brand’s personality. Luke’s Secret Social Sauce is an everyday social-marketing strategy for creating valuable, personal content that will help you broadcast and build your brand.
The Secret Social Sauce will help you identify your brand’s unique marketable attributes for use in creating digital content and social media posts. Using this strategy will increase your creativity, improve your content and help your followers establish a deeper connection to your business.