The mission of the Thomas College Library is to support the academic and personal enrichment of students, faculty and staff with leading-edge service, information resources, facilities and systems.
|Service DeskReading Room (Books, Videos, Reference, Journals & Newspapers, and Oversized Books)
Library Commons and Café
Computer Workstations & Color Scanners
Media Center (AL-235)
Computer Lab (AL-204)
Printer Center (AL-123)
Finance Lab (AL-116)
Information Services Office Suite
Borrowing Books, DVDs, and More:
A Thomas photo ID is required to borrow materials from the library. This includes items borrowed through interlibrary loan and equipment.
Thomas Library Materials:
The Thomas Library offers a wide variety of educational resources, research assistance and study space to support your academic studies. Our collections include online databases, eBooks and more than 5,000 print and media items.
Books are due 3 weeks from the check-out date and all materials must be returned on the last day of classes before finals week.
- DVD’s are borrowed for one week at a time with no renewals.
- Course Reserves materials must stay in the library at all times and are loaned for a period of four hours.
- Streaming videos are available to students for academic purposes.
- E-books are available for student download to MP3 players, laptops or e-readers.
- Reference material may not leave the library.
- Inter-library Loans and Reciprocal Borrowing: Items borrowed from other libraries have varying due dates. Please remember to check your slip. Return items borrowed via interlibrary loan to the Service Desk.
Online Resources Available 24/7
- Online Catalog: The Online Catalog “Minerva” provides access to information on items held by the Thomas Library and on items held by our partner libraries in the Minerva Consortium. Available items from our sister libraries can be placed on hold and sent to Thomas for you to borrow.
- Databases: The Thomas Library offers access to many full text databases including Heine Online, Academic Search Complete, PsychArticles, and Gale Virtual Reference Library. Students may also access The Digital Maine Library, Maine’s virtual library through the library webpage.
- E-books, Streaming Video and Open Resources are all available through the library website.
Faculty may place items on reserve in the library to give students access to selected class materials. Reserve Materials are located behind the Service Desk and must remain in the library at all times.
Reciprocal borrowing agreements exist between Thomas and a variety of libraries throughout the state. Faculty, students and staff with a valid Thomas photo ID card may borrow items from these libraries on a walk-in basis. to see a list of the participating libraries go to the Maine State Library’s Maine Reciprocal Borrowing Program
The Thomas Library staff is available to help you with all your reference needs. If you need help with technical or informational questions, please contact Brian Darr, Academic Support and Service Desk Manager; or David Smith, Associate Director of Library Services