- Encourages curiosity and creativity in learners
- Engages learners in real and relevant problem solving
- Guides your students to lead their own learning,
- Integrates exciting new technologies in teaching,
- Leads reflective and innovative change in your profession?
Are you ready to become that teacher?
If you are, we are ready to support you in achieving your goals!
We also believe that getting you into the classroom early is important! You will be in the field as early as your first year to observe and learn! Through various partnerships like the ones we have with Educare of Central Maine and the Maine Teacher of the Year Association, you will have the opportunity to interact with national and state recognized mentor teachers of excellence and to conduct your pre-service teacher placements in their classrooms.
With the generous support of the Lunder Foundation in 2015, The School of Education launched its Center for Innovation in Education with the goal to re-envision teacher education, provide professional development for Maine educators, and to act as a resource in the area of innovative practices. We work with several partners including the League of Innovative Schools, Maine Mathematics and Science Alliance, Samantha Smith Challenge, and the Maine Association for Middle Level Education to support our mission. Through the work of the Center, our undergraduate and graduate students have the opportunity to present and attend at state, regional and national professional educator conferences.
Experiencing the art and science of creative innovation…find out what we are doing at CIE!
Our education programs are full certified by The State of Maine Department of Education.
- Child Care Management
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Education – English
- Secondary Education – Life Sciences
- Secondary Education – Math
- Secondary Education – Social Studies