I hope everyone had a restful and restorative spring break!
I am pleased to share that based on our low incidences of COVID-19 (indicated by our return to campus testing) and the current recommendations from the Federal and Maine CDC, the College is no longer requiring masking for fully vaccinated individuals in any campus buildings effective Friday, March 18.
As a reminder, all campus community members–regardless of vaccination status–are still required to test this week. If you have not yet tested as part of our return to campus testing this week, please do so
Please make note of these additional COVID policy changes and details:
MASKING AND TESTING
· Unvaccinated community members will still be required to participate in mitigation protocols such as masking and testing
· Masks are not required at outdoor events
· Student-athletes will still be required to mask during travel
· Please respect and support the individual choices of our community members to continue to mask if they so chose
CAMPUS GUESTS/CAMPUS ACCESS
· The College will reinstate guest privileges in student housing and continue to require that all residence guests must be fully vaccinated, including family, and must be registered with Safety and Security prior to arrival
· Guests who are not vaccinated will still be required to wear masks inside campus buildings
· As a reminder, the Thomas College campus remains open only to community members and their invited guests (through Thomas-sponsored programs) for the remainder of the Spring semester
While these changes are a welcome step toward a return to normalcy, the College continues to recommend careful attention to the Thomas Pledge to help us maintain the health and safety of the entire campus community. Our heartfelt thanks go out to all members of the campus community for your patience, help, and support of each other as we continue to weather this crisis together.
Lisa Desautels-Poliquin (she/her/hers)
Vice President for Student Affairs
Office Phone: 207-859-1220
180 W River Rd, Waterville, ME 04901